Since I’ve started to write more and more posts that fit together into series, I thought it might be best to group some of them in a single location to make it easier for you (the interested reader) to work see them as a unit. Hopefully this adds clarity to those posts.
Also, I thought this would be a great place for anyone interested to post recommendations about future topics. If there’s anything you’d like to see me write on or a topic you feel would be particularly interesting, whether in an existing series or that would create a new one, please don’t hesitate to comment.
Important questions about the goodness of God and human suffering…
- How do we know that God is good?
- If God is good, why didn’t I get what I wanted?
- Why do bad things happen to good people?
- Where does evil come from?
- How can a good God directly cause suffering?
- Should we actively avoid suffering?
- How can a good God send people to hell?
- Is God predictable? Does God change His mind?
- What Joseph teaches us about poverty
- What Mary teaches us about worship
- What Simeon and Anna teach us about hope
- What Jesus teaches us about love
- Colossians 2:6-7 — Just as You Received Christ, So Walk in Him (3/16/2015; TEDS)
- Colossians 2:8-15 — You Belong to Christ (4/8/2015; TEDS)
- 1 Peter 2:4-12 — The Big Move: An Incarnational Life of Worship (8/27/2016; TEDS)
- Galatians 2:20 — Death, Faith and the Christian Life (1/8/2017; LBCC)
- Romans 12:1-2 — Foundations: A Transformed Dream (4/23/2017; LBCC)
- Luke 18:19-30 — Only the Empty Will Be Full (9/3/2017; LBCC)
- Romans 8:1-19 — The Spirit’s Carol (12/31/2017; LBCC)
- Deuteronomy 8:1-20 — The Giver Himself is the True Gift (2/5/2018; TEDS)
- Matthew 20:1-16 — The Upside-Down Kingdom (5/20/2018; LBCC)
- Matthew 22:1-14 — The Kingdom that Demands a Response (5/27/2018; LBCC)
- Psalm 111 — The Key to a Life of Delight (7/8/2018; LBCC)
- John 13-15 — Remember to Love One Another (3/31/2019; LBCC)
- John 15-16 — Remember to be Bold (4/7/2019; LBCC)
- Proverbs; Luke 12:35-48 — Working Wise (9/1/2019; LBCC)
- 1 Thessalonians 2:1-13 — Speaking Their Language (5/31/2020; LBCC)
- Philippians 2:1-11 — The Shape of Kingdom Life (4/3/2022; WFC)
- Hebrews 3:12-14 — Preach the Gospel to One Another (7/24/2022; WFC)
I thought I’d try something new. I’ve been studying Psalms and Proverbs, and loving it. I got totally bogged down in Proverbs 14 and Psalm 90 today, and I thought that perhaps I could experiment with a new type of really short devotional post on one proverb at a time. If you read these, please comment on them to let me know what you think…
- Ultimate currency (Proverbs 11:4) — Pending
- Make sure it’s worth what it costs (Proverbs 13:8) — Pending
- Slow down, and be wise (Proverbs 14:29)
- Embrace contentment, and be strong (Proverbs 14:30)
- Remember the poor, and honor God (Proverbs 14:31)
- Fear the Lord, and become rich (Proverbs 15:16)
- Distrust your heart, and live (Proverbs 16:2)
- Work for God, and find purpose (Proverbs 16:3) — Pending
- Forsake self-control, and become desolate (Proverbs 25:28) — Pending
- Defer to others, and have hope (Proverbs 26:12) — Pending
Seminary Papers (and Adaptations)
- The Internalization and Radicalization of the Law (6/29/2015)
- The Potential for a Prophetic Voice in the American Evangelical Church on Issues of Race and Racialization (8/7/2015)
- The Sum of the Gospel: Toward an Evangelical Catechism (12/7/2016)
- Paul, the Institution of Slavery, and the Cross-shaped Life (7/14/2018)
- The Present Reign of the King: In Consideration of Amillennial Eschatology (12/1/2018)
An exposition through Matt Redman‘s fantastic song,
“One Thing Remains”